Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Wow, what a wonderful and exhausting week this has been!!! I absolutely love holidays but I also love when holidays are over lol!!! Lots of pictures to share so I hope you enjoy!!

Last Sunday we had our 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt at Journey. It was a great afternoon!!!








Thursday was Anna's Easter party at school

After the party I took the kids to a Relay for Life Fundraiser so they could have their picture made with the Easter Bunny.

And lastly, this weekend was the busiest 3 days I have had in a while.... filling eggs with candy, dying eggs, cleaning, finishing up Easter baskets, shopping for the last of our Easter outfits, and most importantly celebrating the Death and Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ!! So thankful for what he did for all of us!!


This cake has been in my family for 3 generations (that I know of). Since my grandmother passed away, my mother has continued the tradition with the cake. This year, the recipe was handed down to me and I am pretty impressed with my first attempt. 

The Easter Bunny stopped by our house... must have had 2 really good kids this year!!



Since we bought my grandparents house last May, we were able to take our Easter pics in front of the huge Magnolia tree that sits in my front yard. This tree is very sentimental to my whole family. When my grandmother was still living we had our Easter pics in front of this tree since I was a baby. 


 So happy the Parnell's had Easter with us this year!!!





 This silly pic has become a new tradition for us :)


These are the 11 kiddos that helped us hunt the 378 eggs that we hid this year!!
This was a new record for us!!!

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter and remembered the TRUE meaning for this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment