Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Fun!!

This weekend was a little lazy and a little fun all wrapped in 2 days. Friday and Saturday we laid around the house thankful the weather was beautiful and we had nothing to do... Saturday night we went to a great event with Lauren and Clark. The Oncologic Clinic in Laurel had their annual Relay for Life fundraiser "Krewe of Docs". This is such a fun event that benefits a great cause that I have become to LOVE!!! The American Cancer Society has gathered alot of my time over the past couple of years and I have to say that being a member of the Jones County Relay for Life Committee is such an honor. I could go on and on about how wonderful the ACS is but here a few pics from the event Saturday night.
 Lauren and Clark
 My great friend Paige (aka my ACS staff person)
 Paige and our friend Freddie
 My hubby who was so nice to go with me
The girls

Today was a very busy day.... Church, cleaning house, baking cookies, supper at moms, decorating cookies, making pigs in a blanket for work tomorrow!!
This year, thanks to my husband, I was given the idea to make Anna and Cayson's Valentine treats for school instead of spending a fortune at Wal-Mart. So, ME and ME baked 42 heart-shaped cookies and when Anna got home from her moms house, she helped me decorate all of them (with a little help from Cayson). It was alot of work but once the rolling and cutting of the cookie dough was done, it really was worth it...
 Before Church today... Yes, I need to find a tanning bed FAST!!
 Sift the flour, roll the dough!!
 Our pink icing

and of course sprinkles!!
Yes, then I had to tie them up in cute little bags!!


It was all in fun, and the kids were tickled (which is all that counts). Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow and a great work/ school week!! Be back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment